Wednesday, 30 March 2011

My Progress: Before and After animation tests in Maya & After Affects...

Everyone had to decide to choose a word to animate, I choose the word Sprint. I tried to give the word 'animalistic' qualities in terms of the way a Cheetah for example would sprint or crouch. So I looked at these images (below) for reference.





These animations were created on Adobe After Affects.
I wanted the word to act as though it was at a starting line for a race and then let it sprint off when it would hear a signal to go like a gun shot or something. I looked for any gun shot audio I could find but found none that seemed loud or suited enough for the clip. Then I remembered a sound I heard from a game called Mario Kart. There's a small track you hear that basically starts the race in the game and I liked it. So I used it and it's in the tests and final video below.

Sprint
Test 1:


Test 2:


This animation was created on Maya.










No comments:

Post a Comment