Wednesday, 14 March 2012

Art Deco Plaza


Yesterday, I spent dinner with my mum and gran at the Plaza building in Stockport. I've always wanted to go in but it always looked to me like it was closed. 
Having dinner there, the people who serve you also dress in the work clothing of the Deco period.  After we ate, we explored the rest of the building to find there is an enormous theatre that is still in use.
Wherever you looked, the building was covered in some decorative form of Art Deco.
It really is lovely being in this building, you feel as though you've stepped into another era, like the film 'Public Enemies'. 




















The staff were really nice, they gave us a quick tour around the building for free, telling us facts about the building. I hope to go again soon to get some better pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment