Monday, 26 March 2012

BBC Olympics Intro Sequences

For this brief, we were assigned to create 5 intro sequences, lasting only 5 seconds each.




Idea 1:


One of my ideas for this is using animals in relation to their strengths/lifestyles/environments and to the sports of the Olympic games. E.g.
  • Swimming - Competitor = fish or penguin, etc.
  • Running - Competitor = Cheetah, etc.
That's when I found this video below. Created by Jamie Hewlett, the artist from Gorillaz, it's a brilliant reference for what I may convey.





What attracted me to this (other than it was created for the Olympic Games a few years ago) was what elements the characters represented. 
The Monkey = Air
The Pig/Boar = Earth
The Man = Water

I know the three characters are subliminally referring to the tale 'Journey to the west' ('Monkey King is an indeed rebellious extraordinary being, born out of a rock, fertilized by the grace of Heaven' - http://www.china-on-site.com/monkey.php).
 I don't what that aspect in my work. Just the focus of the 'humanoid' animal's' strengths in the games, as well as what they are genetically built for.

Idea 2:

Another idea I have come up with is possibly 'categorizing' some sports in the intro sequences, and symbolizing them somehow, like these 'pokemon' symbols below:

http://falke2009.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-Type-Symbols-145888219

(Play this from 0:00 to 0:04) I've selected this clip because of how it eases in the channel ident of the show. If I go ahead with this idea, I want to possibly ease in the 'sport element' logo in my intro sequence a bit like the clip below:

No comments:

Post a Comment