Sunday, 17 March 2013

Noise 'Your Creative Future' Event

On the 14th of March, I went to Sale's Waterside Arts Centre for the Noise 'Your Creative Future' event.

Those that spoke there were artists that have become successful in their careers. Ranging from music to fashion, they talked about their' experiences and offered useful advice. They were asked and answered questions from the audience about things like how they came to be in their positions and would they change anything.

The main reason I went though was to see Ian Livingstone, the game designer who helped make Tomb Raider. I was hoping through his talk, he would mention some things about the animation side of making his games. Unfortunately he didn't, but I enjoyed listening to what he said about his experience in the games field.

When the talk was finished, I asked him how did he make his latest creation: Tomb Raider Reborn. Did he use motion capture? He said yes they used that technology and asked if I was interested in that field of animation. I told him the current animation work I've done so far was advertisement based, but I wouldn't mind learning it.

Overall, I had a good time. What was even more enjoyable for me was I got to see some of the work I did for Noise being put to use on the background projector. It was Ciara Clark's portfolio being displayed. I was required to grab screenshots of her pieces and align them nicely in ready-made templates a Noise member made for me. That was hard work but fun too.


There are more pictures of the event on my flicker: Link

Noise themselves should put up their' pictures of the event on soon, and they're better than mine. Not sure if they will go on Noise's Facebook or their' official website: Link 

No comments:

Post a Comment