Wednesday, 19 February 2014

Mackinnon & Saunders Studio Visit!

A good few hours ago, I visited the Mackinnon & Saunders Studio with my little sisters and friend Charlie.
There we were met by Peter Saunders, who gave us a tour around and showed us some of the puppets.

When he showed us some of the puppets, I asked how long does it take to create them from conception to finished product. He said the process could take months. That finalized character designs need approval before they can begin the process of physically making them. And each character made will need several duplicates.
It's a lengthy but rewarding process. 'There's never a dull moment here'.


 Left: Peter uses a kind of screwdriver/allen key to change Emily's (The Corpse Bride) facial expressions.
Right: Peter asks us if we recognize any of the puppets. We sure did! :)


 Left: Me holding Frank from 'The Koala Brothers'. 
Right: Me holding the original cat from 'Postman Pat'.


Left: Charlie holding Victor from 'The Corpse Bride'. 
Right: My sisters holding 'The Koala Brothers'.

To see the rest of the pictures I took, click this: Mackinnon & Saunders Studio Visit

The visit was fantastic! I'd definitely go back again, my sisters and friend really enjoyed it.
Peter and the staff at M&S were great, they were very funny and entertaining.
Thank you so much for having us guys! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment